Monday, January 3, 2011

The end of 2010

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We did our normal Christmas traditions but a new twist is evolving. Every year we go to my grandmothers on Christmas Eve and spend the night. Then we wake up the next morning and do presents and Christmas lunch.  Last year Mime hurt her arm and agreed to let us have Christmas at my mom's. I think she realized how easy that was and agreed to let us do that this year too.  Unfortunately my one and only cousin is a newlywed and couldn't come in so it was a bit different. I suppose things do change when you bring in new members to your family and some traditions stay the same and others go. Ben has already been working on me for next year to start our own tradition. Since we will have a new addition to our household he really wants to do Christmas at our house.  I kinda agree. We will see. Other that that, I have done alot of relaxing.  Usually, I start getting cabin fever byt the end of my vacation but I have been so tired I have loved not doing one thing.  And I am sick I took no pictures.

As I look back on 2010 it seems like a long year but a short one all at the same time.  In March, my company officially bought Schering Plough pharmaceuticals and we did a third lay off in four years. It took several months to get caught up there and of course baseball season was going on which always makes the spring come and go.  I was looking forward to a relaxing summer when my husband decided he wanted to be the head football coach and then everything else is a blur.  Somehow we managed to squeeze in a few small trips and then two-a-days started.  I had my 10 year reunion and college football was underway.  Thank goodness I was able to go to a couple LSU games. Then perhaps the biggest surprise of the year arrived on November 19 when I found out I was pregnant.  I have gone through many emotions: total shock, what do I do with a child, morning sickness, and finally excitement.  I have already received more advice than I ever thought possible and am extremely thankful cause my reading is not going so great.

We celebrated New Years pretty quietly by grilling some shrimp and filet's and playing a few games before midnight.  To me, New Year's has always been extremely overrated and I really don't see what the big deal is.  I have made no resolutions cause honestly, I never keep them.  I do want to try and be as prepared as I can be for our new baby. I wish we could sell our house, sooner than later, and I want to try and be more positive. I have so much to be grateful for and want to remember those things.  Finally, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more organized.  Hope 2011 will be even better for everyone that 2010. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Lark,
    Just read this, and Christmas was lame without you. I missed my one and only cousin too. Technically I have two, but nobody else would ever know that! No more missing Christmas. Next year I am going to refuse missing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete