Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll

It's official! While it doesn't feel like Fall, we can now say it has arrived. The weatherman says it's going to be high 80's next week. That's awesome and a little sad at the same time that we are excited about 88 degree weather.  Fall is by far my favorite time of the year. First and foremost FOOTBALL! Those of you that know me accept the fact that I really am obsessed with this game. There comes a day when you wake up and say it smells like Football. The air is starting to grow crisp and the leaves are beginning to change. I love it! It brings me back to the high school days of cheerleading uniforms and being done with your day at 3 o'clock. If you haven't seen the Kenny Chesney's Video Boys of Fall check it out ASAP!  I am really not a huge Kenny fan but this song and video (feat. Sean Peyton giving a pep talk at his old high school) will give you chills. I've attached the link. Just click on Kenny's name above.  It's Awesome!!!


Second, need we say more? BOOTS. I think if you've read my previous posts you realize I have a slight shoe obsession. I love those mornings you can wake up, drink your coffee and read the paper outside(without breaking a sweat) and get dressed with your oversized wrap, skinny jeans, and boots. So comfy and classy.

                                                   Dex Double Layer Drape Front Cardigan
Vince Camuto Fays Chestnut Boot

Finally, FOOD! I love soups.  With Fall around the corner soon it will be time to put out our pumpkins and mums and cook chili and tomato basil soup.  The best thing about soup is you can make a ton of it then freeze it in individual servings to pull out for a day when you don't feel like cooking.  In case you've never had La Madeline Tomato Basil Soup, I'm posting the recipe for you. Enjoy!

La Madeline Tomato Basil Soup
1 Quart (8-10) tomatoes
1 Quart tomato juice or chicken stock
12-14 washes, fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup Half and Half and 1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt

combine tomatoes, juice and/or stock in saucepan
simmer tomatoes and juice (or stock) for 30 minutes
puree, along with basil leaves, in small batches, in blender or food processor.
return to saucepan and add cream, while stirring over low heat
garnish with basil leaves and serve

prep time: approx. 15 minutes
total time: approx. 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment