Thursday, September 16, 2010

Capacity Overload

Okay, so do ya'll ever feel like there is just not enough time in the day to get things done? I'm sure you do. For some reason, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off the last couple weeks.  Fall is always just way to busy. On top of my monthly little clubs I'm a apart of, I am helping plan my 10 year high school reunion and my reunion for chi-o pledge class at LSU.  It's not easy trying to find people that aren't on facebook or you haven't laid eyes on since you left.  Not to mention collecting the money. Nightmare! Let's squeeze in my job throughout the day, workouts, choir practice on Wednesday nights and cedar creek football on Fridays and all you're left with is maybe 1-2 nights at home a week. It's fun but last night I had reached my limit. 

I was tagging clothes for a consignment sale being held this weekend at the Ruston Fire Station.  You have to safety pin an index card to your clothing with the price, consignment #, size, and description written on it. Then you must safety pin the pants or skirts to a hanger so they hang down not across the bar.  This had taken me several hours to do. When Ben got home, he said he was starving and ready to eat.  So I stop what I was doing and go downstairs to the kitchen. I fixed my plate and had sat down to eat while he was still flipping through channels trying to find the perfect show to watch while he ate (that's a whole other post). All of a sudden he opens the refrigerator and says "why do you put safety pins in the refrigerator?"  I somehow had carried the box of safety pins down the stairs and put them in the fridge. I didn't even get anything out of the fridge to eat! I sat and thought about this and really couldn't recall doing it. I seriously need to take a breather. Maybe I'll go to yoga class. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment