Friday, June 17, 2011

BabyMoon

Last week Ben and I got out of town for one last hoorah before baby A is born.  Unfortunately, we weren't really able to take a great vacation so we made due with Dallas.  We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and stayed at he marvelous Stoneleigh Hotel and Spa. The building itself is so old and it underwent a major renovation and is now fabulous.  I specifically just wanted to chill this trip because I know we really won't be able to chill again for a long time.  On the way into Dallas we stopped at BuyBuyBaby just to make sure there weren't any items I couldn't live without.  If you haven't been to this place it's so overwhelming.  Think Bed Bath & Beyond but with nothing but baby stuff.  I did get a wedge pillow to help support my back which has been killing me.  Turns out, it was a great investment.  I have slept with it every night since then.  After we checked in we ordered room service from the restaurant (which was fabulous) and a movie.  It was perfect.  Ben went down late to meet a friend for a drink in the swanky bar and I hit the sack. 
Thursday morning we ordered Breakfast and went down to the spa to have some R & R and be pampered.  Ben had a massage and I had to settle for a facial because they will not do pre-natal massages at this spa if you are in your thirs trimester even though I've been getting one about every 2-3 weeks back home.  Note: This apparently is very common in big cities so be sure to check before booking the hotel.  The facial was still great and they have a great steam room as well.  We then hit a couple children's stores and Edwin Watts before grabbing a quick nap and getting ready for dinner at one of my favoritre restaurnats Old Warsaw.  I had been bragging to Ben about how spectacular the food was so I was hoping I didn't disappoint. It was great.  We of course were entertained by the pianist and violinist as we ate and the best part is every lady is given a rose before she leaves.  A perfect treat.  We were stuffed.

Friday, we got up and headed out th Ft. Worth to the Dallas Motor Speedway.  Every year Ben and his family attend an Indy car race and last year I participated in the tradition.  We ate at the legendary Babe's for lunch and chilled the rest of the day.  Saturday was race day and Ben's parents were so sweet as to get us a table in the Speedway Club for the entire day so I didn't have to sit outside in the blazing heat.  We even pulled the pregnancy card so we could get picked up and dropped off at the door before the race.  No walking involved.  It was fabulous.  We, of course ate some more great food.  Crabcakes, salmon, salads, cornbread, it was sooooo good. 

We woke up Sunday morning feeling rested and ready to head back home to reality.  Just what I needed before the madness of a newborn.  I am glad we didn't wait any lonnger either because I am definitely starting to get uncomfortable.  I waddle and my feet swell if I stay on them too long.  Thanks to everyone who kept suggesting we get outta town beforehand.

                                                             The Stoneleigh Hotel

                                                Babe's Restaurant-The best biscuits ever!
                                    What a difference a year makes! Indy Race 2010 pre-baby.
                                                         Indy Race 2011. 6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment