Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho! That's what my little munchkin says when we ask him what Santa says.  Uunfortunately, we are still sleeping some in our Christmas flannels so he doesn't quite understand Santa is a seasonal thing. This Christmas was a whirlwind.  Last year Ben and I both said we were really going to enjoy the holidays since last year we moved into our house 2 days before Christmas but that kinda got messed up with Aiden's surgery.  Oh well, I did get to spend a ton of time with him which I loved.  I was officially on vacation from November 29-January 1.  I loved every minute I spent with him.  I really expected him not to be able to do much so I had volunteered to have Christmas lunch at our house.  As it turns out, the rascal was fine by Christmas and we ending up having a full house.  14 adults and 2 babies in all.  It was nuts! My mom made a great suggestion that next time we should just do a big pot of gumbo and then nobody has to stress.  Aiden did have a blast playing with his cousin Mia and he literally has been playing with his toys for over a week.  His big gift was a 10 foot plaster roller coaster and he loves it.  I am so mad at myself for not video taping his reaction the first time we put him on it.  When we are not riding it, we are climbing up it or sliding toy cars down it.  We even lay down on it.  80% of our time is spent in the playroom now instead of downstairs, which is good.  I am in the process of painting some bookcases and shelves for all his toys so everything will stay nice and organized.  I am beyond ready for it to be done.  Honestly, it's just too cold outside right now to finish and literally the spray paint was freezing.  Ben and I were able to sneak away for several nights for a couple holiday parties and we spent one night in Shreveport and treated ourselves to a great dinner at 2 Johns. We also attended the Children's Christmas Eve Service and it was precious.  Nothing but small children and Aiden was all over the place but I think he loved the singing and seeing all the kiddos.  We have so much to be thankful for this holiday season and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us.  Happy New Year Everyone!
                                                       Christmas Eve at Nana's House
                                        We lost our pants for a second! So excited about Christmas


                                                         Aiden and cousin Mia
                                                                  Matching PJ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment