Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Road Trip

We took Aiden on his first road trip to the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend and I have to say it went much better than anticipated.  I was convinced that it would be a nightmare and we would never let him leave the house again but he did good.  We timed it so we could leave during his naptime and he would sleep part of the way there.  We got caught in some traffic so we didn't reach our location in Fort Worth til 5 1/2 hours after departure.  That is about all an almost 11 month old can handle.  I wasn't able to crawl in the backseat with him because traveling with a baby allows you no room to sit once you packed all their stuff.  A suburban would have definitely come in helpful at this point.  Aiden was so excited to get there and was extremely hyper.  He loved the motor home.  Although trying to figure out the sleeping situation with 4 adults and a baby was a challenge!  We bought him a small blow up pool and let him use that as his bath time-true red neck style.  Saturday, Ben's parents watched him while I went to the Speedway Club and had an amazing massage.  The therapist told me my back and neck were a complete mess and she basically used the whole hour trying to get knots out of my back. I could feel them too.  I was certainly due a massage. 

Last year when Ben and I went I was preggo and it was so hot so we opted to buy a table inside the club and watch the race from there.  It was amazing and once you've done that, you never go back.  We did the same thing this year with Aiden and we enjoyed the day of food and fun.  He took a 3 hour nap prior to the race and I think that helped him stay up til 9 o'clock that night.  Aiden is quite the social man and wanted to say hi to everyone in the room with him-especially the women!  When the cars started racing he was completely in awe and his little eyes couldn't keep up with how fast the cars were going.  He made it through 120 laps and then we had to call it quits. I returned to the motor home and put him down while everyone else stayed. We were glad to get home yesterday and am hopeful he will even do better in the car when we can turn him around.
                                                         Just woke up and very happy!
                                                                        Look at the cars!
                                                            Okay, I'm getting sleepy...

                                    We tried for a family photo but he was about to have a meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment