Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Academy Awards

I found the Oscar's a tad bit boring Sunday but I did watch more red carpet than the actual show.  I was happy for the women winners but couldn't believe The Artist swept the event.  I haven't actually seen the movie so I can't judge but who would have thought to make a picture like the olden days would be such a smash hit.  I am still waiting for George and Brad to win one of these days.  I wanted Viola Davis to win for The Help so bad but was also glad Meryl gor her 3rd win in 17 attempts.  That is some kind of impressive.  Now, let's talk fashion. 

Overall, I thought everyone played it pretty safe.  There weren't many dresses I just hated and not a ton I just loved.  There were only a small handful that I thought knocked it out of the part.  Here are my best dress nominees:

Meryl Streep in Lanvin.  Loved the color on her(which matched her award perfectly) and the belt to accentuate her waist. 

Angela Jolie in Versace.  I know she wears black all the time but this dress looked amazing on her and I loved the slit up the side to add a dramatic flair.

 So did Jennifer Lopez have a fashion no-no with the top of the dress?  I didn't see it but apparently it was one of the most tweeted about topics of Sunday night.  I thought she looked stunning in Zuhair Murad.
 AND THE BEST DRESSED IS............Gweneth Paltrow can do no wrong.  She is consistently on my best dressed list and last night she did not dissapoint.  This dress by Tom Ford was so incredibly classy and I thought the cape just took it to the next level.  The dress was extremely plain but fit like a glove and I love the huge diamond bracelet and large rings to add some glamour.  Perfection.

Stacey and George were by far the couple of the night.  He looked sharp as always and she looked radiant in a metallic gold/brown dress.  Her skin tone really allowed her to pull the Marchesa dress off flawlessly and her height didn't hurt the flow of the gown either.  Loved the hair as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment