Friday, April 1, 2011

The Makings of a baby room

For those of you that know me, you know how much I love to decorate.  The whole experience it so fun to me.  From drawing inspiration from magazines to the hunt for just the perfect furniture and accessories, it is a blast.  From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I just knew it was going to be a boy.  I immediately began searching for rooms and colors I loved and had actually picked out several things before the official ultrasound.  I don't know what I would have done if it was a girl!  Well I am happy to say almost everything has been ordered and now I am just awaiting the arrival of all these fabulous things.  I don't want to reveal too much but I do want to show you the crib and the paintings I picked out. 

I really had my heart set on a sleigh crib at first but after finding my bedding I just couldn't see a dark brown finish with such delicate fabric.  The white color just wouldn't match either.  I had originally ruled out an iron crib but the more I thought about it, the more elegant I thought it would be.  I had also seen this silver wood crib and knew that a pewter color would look great with the bedding.  I found one from Restoration Hardware that I loved.  Upon further research (because I research everything) I found out that Bratt actually made this crib which was the brand that I had first looked at.  Plus, they will deliver it to your home and put it together for you.  That right there is worth it to me.

Next, I had some pictures I had found at market and loved since January.  I didn't know the sex yet so I held off ordering them plus I needed to find bedding to match.  All of that is accomplished and I am waiting on everything to arrive so I can start putting it all together.  Plus I am still cleaning out the room.  We have been using it as an office for the past 4 years and it's amazing the amount of "stuff" you accumulate.  I hate moving and cleaning but am excited about the finished product.  I hope to share it shortly!






 how cute are these animals?  I decided to mix up the colors of the background between blue and tan.

2 comments:

  1. Love your taste Larkin! I bought the exact crib for Jake, although we just ordered it through Ladies in Waiting and they didn't put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of this. please decorate one my rooms someday!

    ReplyDelete